Food Demo: A Great Way to Get Involved!!
We are looking for volunteers to contribute dishes prepared using any number of ingredients from the CSA share or market. Come up with an outstanding way to prepare rutabagas? Have a secret for using up all those yummy greens? Have ideas for integrating more local food products with your daily cooking? This is your chance! It’s easy to participate, just follow the simple steps below. Vendors wishing to do product demos are welcome also!
- Contact Karna Otten at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out what dates are available (Thursdays between 3-6 pm during share pickup)
- Email your recipe or idea to Karna so it can be included in the newsletter or printouts provided during the demo
- Bring your dish to the CSA market at the designated time (must be prepared in advance & ready to serve). You are not expected to stay to serve, simply arrange to pick up any dishes or utensils after the demo is over.
- Some limited supplies are available for use such as chafing dishes, serving utensils, etc.
** If you would like to share recipes or ideas for CSA products but are unable to participate in a food demo, we also encourage you to share them with other CSA members via the newsletter (email to email@example.com ) or Flagstaff CSA Recipe Blog (http://flagcsarecipes.
- produce and fruit from Whipstone Farm, Flying M, Wong’s Farm and other growers
- delicious chickens from Ridge View Farm
- Downey Farms – Lamb, a variety of cuts available
- Molly’s Tamales fresh each week
- Claudine’s Kitchen — hummus, tabouli, babaganoush, lebneh & zatar pizzas
- Urban Oven crackers and cookies
- Uncle Buzz cookies
- Sky Island Roasters coffee
- Consciousness Blossoms detox bath soak
- Nothing But Soap – offering local hand made cleaning products
- Flower, Stems and Roots body care products
- Guardin D’ Lights grab and go meal items, dips and cookies
and so much more….